Issue Date: August 3, 2023
Water Resource Management
The water demand of plants in Taiwan and China is mainly for air conditioning, drinking water, cleaning, irrigation and group meals, and the users are employees, visitors and contractors. Since the manufacturing process does not require water, the impact on the environment is not significant. However, considering that water resource is the major international sustainability issue, we have adopted recycling and water conservation measures to reduce the impact, and at the same time, we have strengthened disseminating the messages on water conservation to prevent the crisis of water shortage in the dry season in advance.
Water Resource Management Strategy
- Maximize water usage efficiency.
- Enhance the importance of water conservation for the upstream and downstream value chains.
- Set water conservation goal and conduct regular review to achieve the target.
- Continue to promote various water conservation plans to reach the water conservation efficiency.
- Discover possible measures for water conservation through the daily management and inspections.
- Promote water resource education and enhance the water usage efficiency for stakeholders.
- The issue of water resources is a common concern worldwide. Coretronic has set the water reduction target, even though water resource is not the major concern for its operation environments, by educational propaganda on water usage and promoting water conservation and recycling measures. In 2022, the Taiwan plants' water consumption was 2% more than 2021 but was 15% less than 2019, achieving the short-term target. In 2022, the Taiwan plants' water consumption increased because of the increase in the number of employees. However, we have formulated water conservation and recycling measures that are more proactive to achieve the water reduction target.
- Since 2021, the China plants have implemented water management by promoting water reduction programs for offices, operation areas, and plant systems. In 2022, the water consumption was 427,073 tons, 17% less than 2021. We have also set short-, medium-, and long-term water reduction targets. We aim to mitigate the impacts of climate change through more proactive water-saving measures.
Water Conservation Strategy–Recycling Systems and Water-Saving Devices
- The Taiwan and China plants are equipped with recycling systems, mainly collecting surface water, air conditioning condensate, and rainwater for landscape irrigation and secondary water supply for domestic use. Additionally, we implement measures such as adjusting the water change concentration of HVAC, installing tap water savers (flow controllers and sensors), monitoring water use in dining areas, and reducing water use for cleaning to achieve short-term water reduction targets.
- From 2018 to 2022, the Taiwan plants recycled and saved 100,907 tons of water. In 2022, the China plants also started implementing recycling and water-saving measures, recycling and saving 15,665 tons of water. The water-saving measures of all the plants reduced 208.7 tonCO2e.
1：The carbon produced per unit of water in the Taiwan plants is calculated based on the values published by Taiwan Water Corporation. The carbon produced per unit of water in the China plants is calculated based on the coefficient in the GHG inventory of that year.
|Item / Year
|Water Conserved (ton)
|Water Recycled (ton)
|Total Water Conserved and Recycled (ton)
|Carbon Reduction (tonCO2e)1